Thursday, April 3, 2014

Stop racing towards something that doesn't exist!

The one true thing I know about work is that it will never be done.  There is always more to do.  We race to Friday, the holidays, the year end as though it is some sort of finishing line.  That once the line is reached the work will be done and our lives will become magically freer, simpler, happier.  How silly of us to have such a notion!

We have discovered perpetual motion.  It is the way in which we live our lives!  Such an ingrained notion of society is very unlikely to change.  Ever!  A revolution is required, a protest, a gathering...

This is unlikely to happen.  We are too concerned with the finish line to be bothered with the greater good...

I need to do something about this but I don't know how.  I'm trapped in my employment contract, my mortgage, my commitments.  Even if I rid myself of all these things, then what is left.  Firstly I need to survive, find food and shelter and then I can imagine a new way of thinking.

I'll keep updating this post as ideas come to mind.  Let me know your ideas too.

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe someone would just leave a comment like that and not identify themselves.

    ReplyDelete